GROW WITH US
As the largest 100% employee-owned company in the resource recovery industry, Recology has a unique workplace culture that guides how we support employees, interact with our customers, service our communities, and care for our environment.
We encourage Recology employees to G.R.O.W. with Us professionally and personally by:
- Giving back to our communities and our environment by volunteering time and resources
- Recovering resources to achieve their best and highest use
- Exhibiting Ownership in a company that does the right things for the right reasons, ensuring that our actions benefit the company, the communities we serve, and our environment.
- Working together to develop camaraderie and facilitate collaboration. By demonstrating an inclusive attitude that values different backgrounds and ideas, we can get the job done.
You can G.R.O.W. with Us by becoming our Waste Zero Coordinator
Under close supervision, responsible for the coordination and administration of recycling programs involving education, communication of community-wide services, and audits of recyclable materials from residential, industrial and commercial customers.
This is a Season position beginning in June 2019 providing operation support throughout the summer.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Oversees the Staff outreach booth and represents Recology at regional community events.
- Educates customers and the general public about Recology’s resource recovery services and programs.
- Works with businesses, residents and community stakeholders to promote recycling, composting and waste reduction.
- Tracks and records outreach contacts and activities.
- Collaborates with the Government Relations and Waste Zero Team on a variety of community outreach projects.
- Completes waste audits for customers.
- Creates and maintains a file system for customer information.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Six months of related experience and/or training.
- Valid driver’s license.
IDEAL CANDIDATE – The qualifications listed are typical of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of successful employees within this classification.
- Computer programs, including Microsoft Office suite of applications.
Skill and / or Ability to:
- Promote the WASTE ZERO philosophy by making the best and highest use of all resources.
- Demonstrate ability to use computers and technology capabilities. Demonstrate proficiency and knowledge in area(s) of expertise.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing; listen to and understand various viewpoints; share relevant information timely; provide constructive feedback; maintain professionalism.
- Effectively and productively engage with others and establish trust, credibility, and confidence.
- Promote collaboration and assist others with their initiatives and efforts.
- Consistently build knowledge and expertise about current job.
- Listen to and build customer relationships; increase customer satisfaction and ensure commitments are met.
- an ecologically innovative company that finds and mentors people committed to protecting the environment and sustaining our communities.
- the largest employee owned resource recovery company in the industry with terrific benefits to help you prosper.
- a creative and caring culture that values community, diversity, altruism, accountability, collaboration, and learning by doing.
- an inspired company mission driven to use and return resources to their best and highest use through the practice of the 4R’s: Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, and Recologize.
- distinct professional challenges to connect with, care for, and grow community that sees a world without waste.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com