Earth Day Network is seeking a U.S. National Field Director who can help us build a broad, coordinated active 21st century environmental movement using the 50th anniversary in 2020 as the vehicle.
We are seeking an experienced self-starter, a highly motivated person who cares deeply about environmental issues and who has experience in movement building. We are seeking a person who cares about broadening the environmental movement and who can build diverse and deep partnerships with organizations across all segments of society. The Director will lead the national effort to build broad civic engagement starting now through November 2020. Working with senior management and a team of staff and volunteers, the Director will play a key role in developing the overall strategy for this campaign and will lead the effort to build momentum as we move toward the 50th anniversary of Earth Day and turn out millions of people in cities and towns across the United States.
This job requires the application to:
- Help carry out EDN’s mission to build environmental democracy and to broaden, diversify and mobilize the environmental movement
- Develop the overall strategy for US field operations for Earth Day 2019-2020
- Research and carry out initiatives to reach a broad and diverse range of constituencies
- Work with EDN’s digital and communications staff to plan, develop and implement the campaigns
- Engage national, state, local and community leaders in a unified response to climate change and other issues
- Define and implement a strategy for regular communications between EDN and environmental advocates
- Work with communications staff to develop state and local media strategies, including new media, free and earned media events, media contacts, editorial mailings, and op-ed placement
- Other duties as required.
- Education: College degree preferred.
- Knowledge: Extensive knowledge of the environmental field, grassroots organizing, field work, and building organizational capacity.
- Work Experience: At least five years of field organizing on the state and/or national level. Significant supervisory and training experience.
- Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal, supervisory strategic planning and training skills; excellent media skills; good computer skills; familiarity with database programs helpful.
- Capabilities: Ability to work well with a wide range of people, work well under pressure, and adapt to changing situations.
Long hours possible; travel required;
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
EDN offers competitive salary commensurate with experience and a complete benefits package including: paid vacation, sick leave, and retirement.
Send a letter of interest, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
EDN offers competitive salary commensurate with experience and a complete benefits package