This job will close when we have received 80 applications which may be sooner than the closing date. Learn more
Temporary positions not-to-exceed 1039 regular hours in a service year may be terminated sooner or extended depending on management needs.
The typical seasonal entry-on-duty period is May-October, but can be variable during these months due to weather conditions, project needs, or funding. Anticipated Entry on Duty: 5/1/19
Open to the first 80 applicants or until 03/11/2019 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.
Learn more about this agency
- Perform moderately heavy laboring work in inclement weather including lifting and carrying heavy loads and standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Conduct vegetation management treatments including hand pulling, digging, cutting, and herbicide spraying of exotic plants and seed collection / cleaning and planting of native plants.
- Input treatment data into park databases using processing techniques such as transcription from field forms, generating MS Excel formulas, entering and manipulating ArcGIS attributes, standardization, error checking, and quality control.
- Maintain cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity; foster commitment and team spirit; work supportively and fairly with others to achieve work objectives.
- Motivate and lead others toward goal accomplishment; model high standards of honesty, integrity, trust, openness, and respect. (GS-07 ONLY)
75% or less - You will be expected to travel for this position.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com