Camp Green Meadows Outdoor School is hiring Naturalist Interns for the 2019 - 2020 school year. Employment duration is early August - mid June.
Camp Green Meadows is a residential outdoor science school for 6th grade students. Camp Green Meadows is located in the town of Fish Camp, CA, 2 miles outside the southern entrance to Yosemite National Park.
-Teach outdoor science and environmental education classes to 6th grade students.
- Lead all day field trips in Yosemite National Park and Sierra National Forest.
- Train, mentor, and evaluate high school cabin leader volunteers.
- Lead daily campfire programs by playing instruments, singing songs, and performing skits.
- Train visiting teachers in outdoor school class curriculum, trails, and experiential teaching strategies.
- Receive mentoring, feedback, class observations and evaluations from Naturalist staff.
- Work collaboratively with Naturalist staff to create a fun, safe, and engaging learning environment.
For a full list of job responsibilities and qualifications, review the job posting on edjoin.org:
$12.00 per hour. Housing provided. Meals provided during programs.