The White Memorial Executive Director is a full-time permanent position and is responsible for the day to day operations and overseeing the administration, property and programs of White Memorial. Responsibilities include:
• Overall responsibility for planning and maintenance of White Memorial’s land, roads and trails, campgrounds, marina, buildings, vehicles and equipment, etc.
• The Executive Director is required to live on site for security, snowplowing, and to handle emergencies and other duties during and after work hours.
• Preparation and implementation of annual operating and capital budgets. Prepare quarterly operating statements. Responsible for fiscal management and operating within the approved budget.
• Monitor and report on White Memorial’s investment portfolio. Serve as company contact with investment manager.
• Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of White Memorial.
• Responsible for all human resource functions at White Memorial. These include hiring of staff, and administering all insurance plans, 401K plan, paid time off programs and payroll. White Memorial has 10 full-time employees, as well as, part-time and seasonal employees. Addition staff include; Office Manager, Forest Manager, Director of Administration and Development, Education Director, Research Director, Gift Shop Manager, Outreach Coordinator, Campground Manager, and two maintainers.
• Overall responsibility for all membership, fundraising, educational and research programs.
• Serve as a spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
• Establish and maintain relationships with various private and governmental organizations.
• Report to and work closely with the Boards to seek their involvement in policy decisions and fundraising.
• Responsible for all tenant relations including; billing, leases, tenant project approvals, conflict resolution, etc.
• Supervise and collaborate with organization staff.
• Strategic planning and implementation.
• Plan organization Board and committee meetings.
• Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
• Review and approve contracts for services.
• Other duties as assigned by the Boards.
Educational Background/General experience
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree with emphasis in the natural sciences.
• Five of more years of land management experience.
• Five or more years of nonprofit management experience.
• Budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
• Ability to convey a vision of White Memorial to staff, board, volunteers and donors.
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector.
• Skills to collaborate with Board members and other volunteers.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
1. Position will be entitled to all employee benefits outlined in the White Memorial Personnel Policies including medical and dental insurance, a 401K plan and paid time off.
2. A suitable vehicle, including operating expenses will be provided for use in the conjunction with the performance of the above duties.
3. Since it is essential to the security of the property that someone in authority be in residence, an adequate home will also be provided at a nominal rental fee, exclusive of fuel and electricity costs.