Here's What You'll Do:
As an Environmental Scientist for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you will be responsible for working on a variety of diverse environmental projects. The majority of your time will be spent in the field and traveling to and from sites.
Your duties will include:
• Collection of environmental samples on a variety of project sites;
• Observation of remediation activities such as oversight of excavation and operation of treatment systems;
• Inspection of construction sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance with Engineering Plans, Specifications and construction and safety standards;
• Data tabulation, evaluation and review;
• Preparation of technical reports.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• 0-2 years’ experience in environmental monitoring, construction observation or related field;
• Attention to detail;
• Ability to speak and write professionally;
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record;
• Ability to work independently in the field in varying weather conditions with strict adherence to operating procedures and safety policies.
Here’s What We’d Like To See:
• Technical degree (engineering, science or related field);
• 40-hr HAZWOPER training and 8-hr refresher (if applicable); and
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com