About the Position: The Natural Resources Specialist (Park Ranger) serves as a natural resource management staff specialist for a major water resource project. They perform a variety of assignments involving all aspects of project operations including natural resources and recreation.
Learn more about this agency
- Participates in the development of various planning documents including Master Plans and Operational Management Plans (OMP), for management of natural resources.
- Documents also include the Project Safety Plan, Fire Prevention Plan, Physical Security Plan, Shoreline Management Plan and Emergency Operations and Maintenance Plan.
- Participates in conservation, preservation, restoration and use of project natural and cultural resources.
- Works with other fish and wildlife specialists in the district and in coordination with state and federal wildlife management agencies.
- Implements plans for special recreation projects and improvements.
- Enforces Title 36 CFR by educating the visiting public on project purposes, conditions, policies and regulations.
- Patrols project lands and waters to prevent unauthorized use, trespass, destruction of property, and to insure compliance with rules and regulations, and protection of project land, water, facilities and other environmental and cultural resources.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com