Tetra Tech Inc. is seeking an Environmental Engineer with outstanding technical capabilities who can help us advance our practices. Our project base includes complex site investigations, often coupled with the application of innovative site remediation technologies and human health and ecological risk assessment approaches. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designing and overseeing site investigation, contamination assessment, hydrogeologic investigation, and aquifer performance testing programs, including chemical and hydrogeological data evaluation and mapping, data visualization, regulatory agency interactions, and reporting
- Evaluating, designing, and implementing a variety of site cleanup remedies. Scoping and delivering a variety of project assignments, including responsibility for resource allocation and budget and schedule management
- Managing tasks and small to medium-sized projects
- Interfacing with clients, including the development of new business opportunities and participation in business development functions The selected individual will report to senior personnel, but will be expected to be able to work largely independently, while following Tetra Tech’s risk and quality management policies. At times, the selected individual may delegate assignments to junior personnel and be responsible for overseeing completion of tasks within budgetary, schedule, and other internal and external constraints.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
- The minimum qualifications for this position are a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in environmental engineering
- 3+ years of environmental-related experience
- A Master’s degree in environmental engineering with a focus on remediation is strongly preferred, as is professional licensure in California
- Familiarity with technical requirements for site remediation in California is desirable
- This position requires successful completion of 40 hours of OSHA health and safety training for working with potentially contaminated materials (provided, as needed), annual 8-hour refresher courses, first aid training (every three years), CPR training (every year), and annual medical monitoring
- The ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel are also required
- Tetra Tech strives to hire and retain the best and brightest candidates available in the marketplace. To be selected for this position, the candidate must possess exceptional interpersonal skills and outstanding oral and written communication skills allowing positive internal, client, and contractor relationships.
- Excellent technical writing skills for environmental consulting applications are required as are outstanding engineering/scientific problem-solving abilities. The selected candidate will demonstrate passion for the business of environmental consulting, technical excellence and quality, leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with the Firm.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com