Gustavson Associates LLC, a subsidiary of Ecology and Environment, Inc., is seeking an experienced Minerals Geologist in our Lakewood, CO office. This position will be responsible for providing support for a variety of geological modeling and mineral resource estimation projects. Our successful candidate will have a broad knowledge of physical and economic geology with strong analytical and computing skills. The ability to work effectively in a multifunctional team is key.
· Provide geologic and structural interpretation and modeling services
· Geologic database and QA/QC review in advance of resource modelling efforts
· Statistical and geostatistical analysis of sample/drill hole data
· Construction of computerized models of ore deposits and analysis of ore deposits from both a depositional and economic viewpoint
· Understand mining methods sufficiently to interpret the adequacy of a model for the proposed mine production
· Preparation of written presentations including memoranda, large reports, and client presentations
· Bachelor’s degree in Geology or Geologic Engineering
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience including relevant experience in an operating mine or exploration group
· An understanding of mine operational reality and the ability to analyze conflicting points of view
· The conceptual understanding of the work required to initiate and complete analytical studies
· Solid understanding of data and database structure as related to geological drilling databases
· Excellent computer skills including proficiency in a computerized mine modeling system (i.e., GEMS, MineSight, Datamine, Vulcan, or another related system) and proficiency in Microsoft 2010 Office Excel, Outlook, and Word
· Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, leadership, and client interaction/communication skills
· Ability to establish respect, trust and teamwork with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
· An achievement-oriented and highly motivated individual with a high degree of attention to detail
· Ability to travel to support business needs
· Fluency in English is required; proficiency in a second language is a plus.
We are a global network of engineers, geologists and appraisers, dedicated to working with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to safe, efficient, and economic resource development and mining operations. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com