Texas Campaign for the Environment is currently seeking activists to organize on statewide grassroots campaigns to fight pollution by shifting corporate and governmental policy. As the oldest Texas-based environmental group we have successfully organized to:
We need new voices to add to our current staff of professional, skilled, and passionate activists to strengthen our community lobbying presence. We offer extensive training, and opportunities for management experience and travel.
Qualified candidates possess strong communication skills and a genuine passion for the environment and progressive politics. Some related non-profit, political, or volunteer experience is preferred but not required.
The Community Organizer will be responsible for creating relationships within designated community areas of the city and building our grassroots base of supporters. The Organizer will be held to high expectations of performance with weekly and monthly goals for various organizing activities.
• Grassroots door-to-door canvassing
• Membership recruitment, fundraising and letter-writing campaigns
• Community outreach and coalition-building
• Identifying voters and volunteers
• Planning and participating in demonstrations and political actions
• Testifying at public hearings and events
• Full-time: Monday through Friday, 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
• Part-time positions available (minimum 3 days per week; hours are still 2pm-10pm).
• $450/week+ (Full-time), $360/week+ (4 days), $270/week+ (3 days)
• Medical and dental insurance coverage
• Paid vacation, paid sick days and paid holidays
• Rapid advancement and management training
• Opportunities for travel throughout Texas and the U.S., including national and regional conferences
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
• Web: www.texasenvironment.org
• LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/texas-campaign-for-the-environment
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/texasenvironment
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/txenvironment
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/txenvironment
It is the policy of TCE to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TCE will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
politics, environment, grassroots, nonprofit, charity, canvass, canvasser, canvassing, communications, green, sustainable, sustainability, recycling, waste, knocking, advocacy, pollution, justice, campaign