VHB’s growing South Burlington, VT office is seeking a Water Resources Scientist/Engineer with a focus on stormwater management.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Work within a team of professionals in developing environmental and water resource projects for municipalities and state agencies, especially related to stormwater, environmental restoration, and hydrology and hydraulics
- Technical and design report writing
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss engineering design/permitting issues
- Responsible for project task management including task financial performance
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prepare and provide effective public presentations related to water quality issues
- Self-motivated with attention to detail and ability to think critically. Must be able to work independently and as a part of project teams
- Familiarity with HydroCAD, StormCAD, SWMM, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with GIS based tools as applied to watershed, basin, and general land use planning, and ability to direct supporting GIS staff
- Ability to prepare and track projects scopes, budgets, and schedules
- Ability to work effectively with regulators and the public to present complex technical information in an understandable manner.
- BS in Environmental Science, Civil/Environmental Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of professional water resources engineering experience
- Knowledge of and experience in stormwater/watershed modeling analysis and design; stormwater BMP design, including LID; stream and wetland restoration; and hydrological and hydraulic analysis.
- Familiarity with State of Vermont and EPA policies and programs related to water quality, Lake Champlain TMDLs, and associated evolving stormwater regulations, and interest in tracking and participating in stakeholder outreach.
- Familiarity with funding sources related to water quality improvement efforts in Vermont
- General experience with the range of stormwater treatment practices employed in the northeast and understanding of cost and siting considerations for retrofit stormwater infrastructure
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for almost 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com