VHB’s South Burlington, VT office has an immediate need for an experienced Environmental Engineer/Scientist for its growing Remediation, Assessment & Compliance practice.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the industrial, transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Preparing Site Investigation Work Plans, Site Investigation Reports, Evaluation of Corrective Action Alternatives/Feasibility Studies, Corrective Action Plans/Remedial Action Plans, and Corrective Action Construction Completion Reports
- Performing site characterization and multi-media field investigations including soil sampling, drilling oversight, monitoring well installation, hydrogeologic analyses, groundwater sample collection, sediment sampling, and soil gas sampling
- Processing and analysis of analytical data sets
- Completing Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments
- Development of Conceptual Site Models
- Designing and using relational databases and geographic information systems to manage, map, and report site data
- Coordination with clients, regulators, and VHB staff
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to conduct tasks independently
- Ability to think critically and solve problems in both a team and independent work environment
- Familiarity with Vermont, New Hampshire, and New York environmental regulations
- Detail-oriented, with a strong math/science background
- Able to lift 40 pounds and perform fieldwork in inclement weather and challenging conditions
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word - ArcGIS and CAD preferred
- BS in environmental engineering, environmental science, geology, or related field (MS preferred)
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience in Environmental Engineering/Science consulting, or a related field
- Must have or be willing to obtain OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER Certification and 10-hr Construction Site Safety Training
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for almost 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans, are encouraged to apply.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com