We are seeking a Senior Environmental Planner/Project Manager to help expand our multi-disciplinary environmental planning & entitlement practice in California. The successful candidate will have experience managing and preparing California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) documents, including initial studies, environmental impact reports, negative and mitigated negative declarations, CE’s and exemptions. Additional responsibilities include preparation of Specific Plans, Master Plans, and other planning policy documents in support of a full range of infill and/or land development related projects. Based in Riverside, CA, this position will focus on market expansion within the Inland Empire, and will support other offices throughout California, as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Planning, City/Urban Planning, Environmental Studies, Natural Resources Management or related degree.
• Minimum 5 - 10 years of environmental planning experience conducting environmental studies for local agencies and private entities.
• Experience managing, preparing and processing Environmental planning and/or Entitlement-related projects.
• Experience managing a wide range of tasks related to environmental planning, land use planning, policy planning, and entitlement for both a variety of land development (commercial, residential, campus, institutional, energy), and mixed use and infill-related projects.
• Experience in the preparation of proposals, budgets, schedules, and public presentations.
• Thorough understanding of the CEQA process and as well as California Land Use and Planning Law.
• Experience in air/noise modeling, GIS or other technical skills would be highly desirable but not essential.
• Knowledge and experience of the variety of resources and professional relationships available to facilitate and complete the CEQA process
• Experience with WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Prezi, Microsoft Project (or other scheduling software)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com