The Environmental Health and Safety organization is seeking a motivated Senior Remediation Program Manager in Seal Beach, California.
Position holder must be forward looking and help coordinate the flow of information from the project portfolio to the Environment Director, and support preparation of briefings and reports to various Boeing senior leaders and coordinate effectively with cross functional support teams.
In this role, he/she will identifies risks and opportunities, develops and implements mitigation/capture plans and communicates status effectively to the Environment Director.
He/she should work and communicate effectively with external stakeholders as well as internal Boeing functions such as communications, finance, legal, supplier management, site services, etc. He/she should have the ability to provide effective recommendations to support informed business decisions regarding environmental liability associated with complex remediation projects.
• Manages employees planning, implementing and administering Company-wide environmental remediation.
• Develops and executes integrated departmental plans, policies and procedures and provides input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals, objectives.
• Leads first-level managers from cross functional support teams and suppliers to support implementation of remediation activities.
• Develops and manages budget and long range estimates for multiple projects in support of enterprise program objectives and requirements.
• Monitors financial performance and emerging issues and applies corrective actions as necessary.
• Develops and maintains effective relationships and partnerships with internal and external business partners, suppliers, regulatory agencies, external stakeholders, peers, and direct reports in support of business goals and objectives.
• Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes, regulatory compliance plans and supplier management activities including sourcing strategies, procurement decisions and contract management.
• Builds, leads develops, motivates and sustains high performing, cross functional work teams in support of meeting Enterprise Remediation goals.
• Creates a culture of continuous improvement by communicating/deploying enterprise best practices and employee engagement to improve cost, quality, delivery, employee job satisfaction and customer satisfaction.
• Identifies, recommends, gains support from enterprise remediation team and cross functional teams for and implements process improvements for internal business management processes.
• Oversees implementation of program management best practices at project level, and ensures that they are implemented in a consistent manner across individual projects.
• Leads cross functional teams in the development of project strategies to reduce short and long term risk, and achieve aggressive performance targets.
• Manages the implementation of remediation program, process and project management plans.
• Leads cross functional teams in support of continuous process improvement initiatives and in developing recommendations to meet emerging business, technology and regulatory requirements.
• Provides oversight and approval of financial planning and reporting activities and coordinates awareness and decisions on significant issues.
Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Supply Chain and Ops
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience)
• This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
• A Bachelor's degree in Geology, Engineering, Environmental Science or other related major.
• Minimum 5 years of working experience in leadership position(s) such as manager, team lead, and/or project manager.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience)
• Master’s degree in Geology, Engineering, Environmental Science or other related major is preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of working experience in program management and/or project management.
• 10 years of relevant work experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated abilities to manage multiple projects and processes under complex environments.
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects in remediation or other environmental type programs.
• Demonstrated abilities in preparing and delivering presentations in front of both small and large audiences at all levels.
• Knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements concerning remediation desired.
• Experience should include demonstrated success in a wide range of remediation activities such as developing successful working relationships with agencies and suppliers, leading diverse teams, consensus building with stakeholders and developing effective remediation strategies.
• Strong leadership and team building, project management, technical, communication skills.
• Strong leader of people; strengths in developing individuals, teams and creating a diverse & inclusive work environment.
• Strong project management, business operations, and finance acumen.
• Proactive in understanding and anticipating business and external stakeholder requirements.
• Strategic thinker; ability to align external requirements within the broader organizational goals.
• Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and to collaborate and partner with business leaders.
• Excellent communication skills in both business and technical context and at all levels within stakeholders are required.
• Exceptional business judgment and strong strategic thinking skills.
Manager with Direct Reports
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com