The Senior Remediation Manager is primarily responsible for managing, directing, and overseeing technically complex projects involving facility/site closure, corrective action, and post closure care performed at/on Company owned (or leased) locations. Our corporate HQ is Norwell MA, however this position can sit at any of our Clean Harbors or Safety-Kleen branches in the United States.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Provide technical support for project cost estimating and review, and subcontractor selection and contracting/procurement;
- Manage individual environmental liability project reserves, providing 5-year zero-based reviews for each and maintains spending at or below the budgeted levels;
- Responsible for assuring that Purchase Orders and/or Executed Contracts are in effect prior to engaging outside subcontractors or incurring outside direct costs; Hold outside consultants, subcontractors, and other service providers accountable to negotiated commercial and contract terms and conditions;
- Manage and track POs against invoices to support processing through Accounts Payable;
- Direct participation in monthly spending reviews with the VP of Environmental Liabilities, VP of Remediation & Disc Ops and the Environmental Accounting Manager;
- Support quarterly budget reviews with Senior Management by validating actual spending and providing accurate spending projections by individual project reserves;
- Responsible for inputting spending and forecast data into the Liability Database;
- Support internal and external audit requests as required and directed my senior management;
- Prepare and submit any/all Reserve Creation, Reserve Modification and/or Environmental Spending Authorization Forms as required and in advance of committing Company money and other resources;
- Seek creative solutions such as innovative technologies which will expedite the work effort and will provide a favorable reduction in reserve spending, all while remaining in compliance with applicable regulations, when possible and practical;
- Directly responsible for creating and maintaining complete and organized Project Files containing all correspondence, submittals, test results, permits, consent orders, purchase documentation, contracts, equipment inspection reports etc;
- Meet all imposed deadlines for regulatory submittals;
- Provide key submittals to the VP of Environmental Liabilities for filing at the Corporate Office, as requested;
- Ensure the timely renewal/updating of all permits and regulatory compliance plans, where applicable for Disc Ops managed locations; Contain the Company's environmental risks, liabilities, and related reserves by performing Closure/Corrective Action/Post-Closure work using the most capable and qualified internal and external resources, and executing the work at the lowest qualified cost to the Company;
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree plus Course work & Certification in Engineering, Geology, or Environmental Science;
- Master’s Degree, Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Geologist (PG), or Certified Hazardous Material Manager preferred;
- 10+ years experience;
- Ability to manage multiple remediation projects;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Federal, State and local environmental regulations;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Advanced knowledge of environmental geology, chemistry, and engineering;
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com