Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. Our employees use their ideas and ingenuity to create innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions for our customers. Bechtel's internship program was created to cultivate real-life industry interest based on hands-on experience. Many new university graduate hires began their careers at Bechtel as a student intern.
Environmental, Safety, and Health interns may provide support to the ES&H team. They also support the implementation of hazard and management processes for the project under the overall supervision of the ES&H manager and support the implementation of the ES&H management systems.
The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will vary based on project needs, and may include Houston, TX and Reston, VA, along with various project sites.
General Job Duties
ES&H interns may be responsible for providing field assistance to construction, or other technical functions which may include the following:
- performing inspections and assisting in researching, extracting, analyzing, and compiling technical data;
- assisting in the preparation of reports, graphs, proposals, studies, and correspondence;
- assisting in preliminary hazard analysis and activity hazard analysis development and reviews;
- assisting in, and reviewing, project safety and health technical documents;
- assisting in the preparation of contract/subcontract bid packages and material requisitions;
- assisting with inspection of construction work for compliance with project requirements; and
- assisting in software application database management.
- Currently enrolled in a four-year Bachelor of Science degree program in Environmental Studies (which may include Environmental Management or Safety Management), Construction (with a focus on Safety), or Public Health from an accredited college or university
- Completed at least one year of undergraduate studies in one of the above fields
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Ability and willingness to relocate and/or travel to domestic and/or international project jobsites
- Currently enrolled in a Master of Science degree program in Environmental Studies (which may include Environmental Management or Safety Management), Construction (with a focus on Safety), or Public Health from an accredited college or university
- Completed relevant coursework with a strong GPA
- Prior co-op or internship experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Shaping tomorrow together
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com