With direction from the CincyNature Camp Director and Site Coordinator, plans and delivers summer day camp experiential programs for youth ages 5-13. Works as part of a team of counselors to carry out all functions related to CincyNature summer camps. Executes all activities with the highest standards for safety, customer service and in keeping with the Nature Centers Mission, Values and Principles.
Essential Job Responsibilities
SUMMER CAMP (100%):
- Deliver top-quality summer day camp experiences in nature for youth. Work with a team of counselors and other staff at one of two CNC sites: Rowe Woods in Milford, OH, or Long Branch Farm & Trails in Goshen, OH. Guide children ages 5-13 in hands-on environmental learning activities and projects, hikes, songs, stories, games, and crafts as they actively explore the world around us. Campers learn about their environment by experiencing it, enjoying it, and learning to care for it.
These job responsibilities represent only the essential and most significant duties of the position. This job description does not exclude other work assignments, directives and responsibilities not mentioned herein.
Education and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or higher preferred
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information
- A hearty interest in the outdoors and enthusiasm for sharing that interest with children
- Some knowledge and training in natural science preferred
- Experience working with children
- A sense of humor, creativity, and initiative
- Desire to work as part of a team
- Procure and provide proof of current First Aid and CPR certification prior to training week
- Must pass a background check under the BCI code and FBI code 5104.013 as required by ODJFS
- Training week June 3 June 7, hours typically 8am - 4pm daily, Monday through Friday
- Camps begin June 10 and end August 9, with one week off July 1-5 (unpaid). Hours typically weekdays, 8:30am-4:30pm, with some longer or shorter depending on the camp and other responsibilities.
- The work is performed on-site, almost exclusively outdoors in the nature preserve.
- This position requires the following physical activities: pushing, pulling, climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com