- Are you passionate about experiencing and preserving nature and inspiring conservation throughout the community?
- Do you enjoy being the face of an organization with community partners, donors, business leaders and volunteers?
- Can you develop and execute strategy with a talented management team and committed Board of Directors?
- Are you ready to lead an organization into its next phase of growth and community impact?
Cincinnati Nature Center is hiring a new Executive Director to report to the Board and lead the organization to fulfill its mission and ensure continued financial health. The Executive Director will lead a senior management team of five Directors and a total staff of 85 (increasing to 120 in the summer), augmented by a 450 strong volunteer workforce.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
With general direction from the Chair and Executive Committee of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will provide the leadership and the execution of the 2028 Vision. The ED will inherit a legacy within the community and then elevate the awareness and visibility of the CNC as a community resource and a top attraction in the region. The Executive Director will work in a collaborative manner to provide direction to leadership team: Director of Conservation, Director of Finance, Director of External Relations, Director of Human Resources, and Director of Visitor Experience. The ED will also manage, direct, and execute all activities with the highest standards for safety, customer service, and in keeping with CNC Mission and Core Values. These activities include, but are not limited to: financial leadership, staff leadership and development, fundraising, community engagement with members, donors, partners and other stakeholders, and Board cultivation and development.
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of Cincinnati Nature Center and a passion for the environment and conservation.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. A bachelor’s degree specifically in Biology, Education, Non-profit Management, Environmental Studies, or related field is preferred. (Master’s degree a plus).
- Strong business acumen, with overall management and P&L responsibility for a non-profit agency, company, or division of a company.
- Meaningful fundraising success for a non-profit organization, including individual giving, corporate giving, and work with foundations.
- Experience and comfortable with being the face of an organization with community partners, donors, and a variety of stakeholders to increase awareness and overall visibility.
- Proven ability to build, mentor and effectively manage a committed and highly competent senior team.
- Experience in the fields of environmental education, conservation, biodiversity and related disciplines preferred.
- Demonstrated success in board recruitment, development and general knowledge of board expectations.
- Demonstrated success facilitating a robust strategic planning process involving the leadership team and Board.
- Well organized with strong communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver presentations to diverse community groups.
- A collaborative community-builder
- Confident, natural leader
- Visionary with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Contagious enthusiasm with energy and tenacity to deliver results
- A sense of humor
- Driven for performance with a ‘can do’ approach
- Embraces diversity
- Exceptional communicator, listener and learner
- Take the helm of a financially sound organization positioned for expanded community impact.
- Work with an experienced, passionate leadership team and staff.
- Collaborate with an engaged and supportive Board.
- Enjoy coming to work every day in an inspiring setting!
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com