- Handles most aspects of case management for retail or bulk petroleum, and industrial environmental remediation project work
- Prepares technically accurate, complete and concise work plans based on evaluation of site data needs
- Performs or manages the implementation of project work plans including staff briefing, scheduling, subcontractor coordination and sample collection
- Evaluates, analyzes and interprets technical data relative to project-specific goals, creates and interprets accurate data display graphs and figures, completes basic fate and transport analysis, and identifies data gaps and data needs leading to development of a Conceptual Site Model
- Works with and mentors junior staff to ensure all resources are in place for proper fieldwork and reporting execution
- Develops and manages budgets, evaluates budget vs. plan and analyzes cost control efficiencies
- Communicates with clients, third party and regulatory agents regarding project status, schedules and compliance issues
- Ensures adherence to client and corporate contract specifications in all activities including Health, Safety, Security, and Environment
Skills & Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science, Engineering or a related disciple.
- 3-7+ years of related experience. Must include fieldwork and office based experience in the environmental consulting field.
- Must possess excellent communication and technical writing skills and be able to independently prepare Site Assessment and Monitoring Reports with a focus on QA/QC.
- Must have working knowledge of Florida’s environmental regulations. Knowledge Florida’s Petroleum Restoration Program is a plus.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus. OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training will be required if this certification is not yet earned. This certification is required to perform the duties of this position.
- Experience with LPS or a behavior based health & safety program is a plus.
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription card, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com