GROW WITH US
As the largest 100% employee-owned company in the resource recovery industry, Recology has a unique workplace culture that guides how we support employees, interact with our customers, service our communities, and care for our environment.
We encourage Recology employees to G.R.O.W. with Us professionally and personally by:
- Giving back to our communities and our environment by volunteering time and resources
- Recovering resources to achieve their best and highest use
- Exhibiting Ownership in a company that does the right things for the right reasons, ensuring that our actions benefit the company, the communities we serve, and our environment.
- Working together to develop camaraderie and facilitate collaboration. By demonstrating an inclusive attitude that values different backgrounds and ideas, we can get the job done.
You can G.R.O.W. with Us by becoming our WACP Chemist
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Identify chemical constituents in waste samples using organic qualitative and wet chemistry methods.
- Identify known or labeled waste according to their hazard class and segregate them into their proper drums for shipping.
- Classify hazardous wastes as defined by 49 CFR and 40 CFR.
- Maintain labpack database; prepare manifests; schedule hazardous waste shipments; maintain integrity of shipment records.
- Assist with HHWCF, VSQG, Door-to-Door mobile collection, and special collection event operations including bulking oil, paint, solvents, photochemicals, flammable solids, and other wastes.
- Conduct hazardous waste compliance inspections.
- Perform instrument calibration in accordance to manufacturers’ specifications.
- Participate as a member of hazardous materials emergency response team. Respond to hazardous waste releases on property and on the routes.
- Interact with the public in person and by telephone to explain waste disposal regulations.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- One year of experince in compliance areas preferred.
- Experince with hazardous waste and DOT compliance preffered.
- Valid Driver’s License.
IDEAL CANDIDATE – The qualifications listed are typical of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of successful employees within this classification.
- Technical and professional principles, practices, laws, applications and programs in environmental compliance.
- Current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Computer programs, including Microsoft Office suite of applications.
Skill and / or Ability to:
- Ability to promote the WASTE ZERO philosophy by making the best and highest use of all resources as well as finding ways to use waste products in ways that benefit the environment.
- Define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions; generate innovative ideas to develop or improve existing systems.
- Demonstrate ability to use computers and technology capabilities.
- Demonstrate strong proficiency and knowledge in area(s) of expertise as well as company business.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing; listen to and understand various viewpoints; share relevant information timely; provide constructive feedback; maintain professionalism.
- Present ideas effectively to individuals or groups and deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Effectively and productively engage with others and establish trust, credibility, and confidence.
- Promote collaboration and assist others with their initiatives and efforts.
- Consistently build and share knowledge and expertise about current job through reading, new experiences, and exposure to new ideas.
- Listen to and build customer relationships; increase customer satisfaction and ensure commitments are met.
- an ecologically innovative company that finds and mentors people committed to protecting the environment and sustaining our communities.
- the largest employee owned resource recovery company in the industry with terrific benefits to help you prosper.
- a creative and caring culture that values community, diversity, altruism, accountability, collaboration, and learning by doing.
- an inspired company mission driven to use and return resources to their best and highest use through the practice of the 4R’s: Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, and Recologize.
- distinct professional challenges to connect with, care for, and grow community that sees a world without waste.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com