Associate, Web Development and Administration
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses. For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
Ceres is launching a new digital marketing effort and is looking for an innovative, detail-oriented web developer and administrator to help build the Ceres brand and market the organization on the digital stage. We’re looking for someone who is excited about trying new things, who isn’t afraid to have bold new ideas and who is passionate about using data and metrics to inform and drive digital marketing strategies. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced, dynamic organization and put your digital and analytic skills to good use to help us create and maintain a dynamic, engaging digital presence that will attract new users and better communicate the impacts of Ceres mission. The Website Associate will join the Communications and Marketing team to help Ceres develop maintain its suite of websites, improve user experience and design, manage online distribution and marketing platforms and inform web and digital strategy decisions with curated data analysis.
This person will work across the organization to effectively communicate our work and impact across various issues and sectors, build our online presence and increase brand recognition, and attract new interest and support for Ceres mission with a digital audience. This is a full-time position, based in our Boston office and will report to the Digital Director of Communications and Marketing. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Overall maintenance of the Ceres websites (ceres.org, engagethechain.org, feedingourselvesthirsty.ceres.org and ceres.org/turningpoint), including posting new content, building new sections and pages and updating stats and figures on a regular basis.
- Building new Drupal-based modules and plugins, including lightboxes, forms, new page elements and features to drive more signups, donations and other conversions goals.
- Work with overall marketing team to identify, build and test new web marketing tactics to optimize pages, content and user experience across the site.
- Responsible for regularly auditing and updating programmatic and other website content to ensure site is fresh, accurate and engaging to visitors.
- Providing website support for Ceres major events and campaigns by building and maintaining event websites, mobile apps and registration systems, and supporting the events team on site during events.
- Using Google Analytics to monitor and analyze key metrics and work with programs, teams and the Digital Director to make strategic recommendations based on your analysis.
- Providing regular website statistics reports on online engagement to the digital communications and Ceres leadership teams and help evaluate and assess key metrics against marketing strategies and goals.
- Use Google Adwords to market Ceres website, events, projects and reports. Manage Ceres Google Adwords program to drive high quality traffic to the Ceres website.
- Manage external online news posts, including posting original Ceres content on Forbes, Huffington Post, National Geographic, 3BL and other online distribution platforms.
- Other duties, some administrative, as assigned by the Digital Director and Senior Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Associate or Bachelor degree, preferred.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience, required.
- Experience building and maintaining Drupal-based websites.
- Working knowledge of HTML, required.
- Demonstrated interested in environmental or sustainability issues, preferred.
- Prior office experience, preferred.
- Prior experience with data analysis platforms, like Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, or AddThis, preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to translate highly technical things to a non-technical staff.
- Ability to evaluate workload and prioritize projects.
- Able to manage multiple tasks at the same time, and shift quickly from one to the next.
- Able to work well independently and as a team member.
- Comfortable working with different personalities.
- Desire to work in a mission-driven / nonprofit environment.
- Marketing/Branding experience a plus.
- Strong sense of design and knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, preferred.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.