We are hiring EHS Specialist in Scranton, PA. Our facility has a proven track record for environmental health and safety excellence. The Scranton Operation is the first government owned contractor operated facility to earn the Secretary of Defense Award for Industrial Sustainability. The Scranton Team was the first defense contractor in the world to receive certification for the ISO 50001 Energy Management Standard enabling the facility to reduce energy intensity by 30% in less than 7 years.
This is your opportunity to join a world renown EH&S team. Your mission will include the identification and implementation of effective pollution prevention technologies. You will assist in facilitating a behavioral based safety program with the ultimate goal of zero injuries. The successful candidate will participate in a progressive internal audit program designed to drive the facility beyond EH&S compliance.
The EHS Specialist will be responsible for providing Environmental, Health, and Safety that supports the overall HR and EHS compliance requirements of a heavy industrial / machining shop, including:
- EHS Metrics and data collection: Metrics reporting and compiling statistics on demographics, work related injuries/illnesses, environmental data, and training data; proficient in the use PeopleSoft and learning management systems, and ability to capture and analyze data from other site specific data collections systems.
- Training development and implementation: Design and coordinate all EHS training programs/activities for salaried and hourly employees to meet individual and organizational developmental needs. Supports all learning management system use at facility.
- Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives support: incident investigations, Workers Compensation, updating/streamlining EHS procedures and work instructions, supporting ISO/OSHAS and compliance reviews, Environmental sampling, internal auditing, and fulfilling customer contractual EHS and HR obligations.
- Support Occupational Health: coordinate physicals (e.g., eye exams, audiometric exams, etc.) and maintain records in accordance with regulations.
- Acts with integrity in all aspects of work, meet commitments.
Experience and Skills Required
- A minimum of 3 years of EHS experience in an industrial or military setting, preferably within an organization registered to ISO 14001 and/or OHSAS 18001.
- Must be able to work at a Federal installation, including compliance with the REAL ID Act and pass a background NCIC check.
- Good problem solving skills with ability to apply investigative skills and solution minded approach to addressing problems and issues, considering root cause, repeatability, and compliance requirements.
- Excellent professional communication skills; strong computer skills, including ability to capture, analyze and interpret, and present data in meaningful format.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to self-prioritize and successfully manage multiple assignments in a high paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict management skills.
- A strong sense of accountability for results and principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Engineering, or a related field. Thorough knowledge of state and federal regulations is essential.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com