We are looking to add new talent to our growing team! We are currently seeking a mid-level Civil/Environmental Engineer to work in a technical support role with highly skilled professionals on diverse project teams in a dynamic environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company and get involved in a variety of civil and environmental projects for a diverse range of clients. This is a full time position located in our Cleveland, OH office.
The successful candidate will:
• Assist project teams in developing and executing technical approaches to problem-solving, specifically as related to preparing design-phase documents, obtaining project permits, and implementing remedial construction.
• Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities.
• Infrequently conduct field work, including collection of samples of environmental media such as soil, soil vapor, groundwater, surface water, and indoor air sampling.
• Support preparation of permits, written reports, proposals, cost estimates, and other client deliverables.
• Provide construction monitoring/on-site engineering observation principally for environmental projects.
• Demonstrate an interest in continuous learning and development and work collaboratively with others in the company.
• Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary project teams and nationwide company offices and client/project locations.
• Manage and develop remedial alternatives assessments and cost analyses, remedial action work plans, and construction cost estimates under specific states’ regulatory programs.
• Manage and implement pilot tests, pre-design investigations, design-phase documents, permitting, and remedial construction.
• Understand client needs and build and maintain trusted client relationships.
• Prepare and adhere to Site Specific Health and Safety Plans for each project site. As applicable, participate in site safety briefings and audits by both contractors and Haley & Aldrich.
• Take an active role in and ownership of each assigned task, even if the task is outside of the candidate’s core competencies, while seeking guidance from senior staff.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field; Master’s degree preferred
• 1-3 years of related professional services/consulting experience
• Has or has applied for initial professional certification in their core discipline, where applicable, such as EIT or FE, or PE
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient at writing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations
• Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry standard software
• Strong organization skills and exceptional attention to detail is expected
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, flexibility, and willingness to see projects through to completion are a must
• OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER training a plus
• Ability to travel to temporary assignments across the U.S.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and be willing to travel as needed to support clients, projects, and project team collaboration
• Must have a reliable form of transportation to travel to job sites and the office
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com