Under the supervision of the Manager, Business Support, the Information & Referral Specialist will support the Environmental Public Health (EPH) division, through assigned duties including customer service and constituent interaction, handling inquiries, administrative support, documentation, and accurate entry of data into the appropriate systems.
- Greets and converses with citizens in a professional and courteous manner.
- Answers calls, takes messages and fields questions from public, industry and agencies.
- Handles inquires when able and/or refers them to appropriate personnel.
- Makes calls to industry and other companies requesting copies of applications or other backup information to applications for permitting staff.
- Accurately enters data into various databases, spreadsheets, and/or documents that would come from citizens and/or business personnel.
- Schedules and confirms appointments for citizens, employees, or supervisors.
- Arranges conferences, meetings, and travel reservations for office personnel.
- Completes forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintains scheduling and event calendars.
- Operates office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems.
- Uses computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Assists with overflow work, or provides backup to others as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including special tasks involved in responding to an emergency event.
Must pass the HRRM "Clerical Skills Test" with a minimum typing speed of 45 w.p.m. with 80% accuracy.
See General Information below for test instructions.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- One (1) year of customer service work experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in an Administrative Assistant role in a professional work environment.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and data entry.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required experience, education and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration.
- Previous high volume phone experience.
- Will Be Discussed During Departmental Interview
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
Online testing is available for this position.
Click on the link below and follow the online instructions for testing.
Additional Information - Core Competencies
- Understands the organizational mission.
- Understands ethics and public good; is concerned with public trust.
- Demonstrates respect for the opinions and beliefs of others.
- Demonstrates a sense of responsibility for the success of the group.
- Collaborates with others to improve quality and address needs.
- Ability to adapt to change.
Interpersonal Abilities/Personal Characteristics
- Uses sound judgment.
- Organizes and maintains work environment to allow for maximum productivity.
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Written and verbal English competency.
- Able to read and follow directions.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to advertised closing date.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com