Due to continuing success in our Climate, Resilience & Sustainability (CRS) Team, we are looking to recruit a Senior Consultant to provide support to continue this exciting period of growth of the CRS Team.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to the continued success and growth of the CRS team and contribute to a wide range of high-profile national and international projects from across Wood’s business. The candidate we are looking for will have a strong academic background in the fields of: climate adaptation; resilience; economics; environmental modelling; risk management or decision science. In your role you will be responsible for: designing and delivering climate risk assessments; developing adaptation plans for different national and international clients as well as industrial sectors (e.g. water, transport) and developing bespoke solutions and quantitative tools for analysing complex problems.
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging and fulfilling working environment. There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development within the climate, resilience & sustainability field and across Wood’s wider Environment & Infrastructure Solutions consultancy business.
The post holder will be required to visit client premises and Wood’s other offices so a full driving licence would be desirable although not essential.
You will hold at least a 2.1 degree in a relevant quantitative discipline, with a strong emphasis on climate change, resilience or sustainability. In addition, you will ideally hold a postgraduate degree or PhD in a quantitative discipline relevant to the post (e.g. environmental modelling, disaster risk management, climate change adaptation, infrastructure resilience).
• A strong technical background in a quantitative subject relevant to the post (e.g. environmental modelling, disaster risk management, climate change adaptation, infrastructure resilience)
• Experience working with national and international climate change projections (e.g. UKCP09, Cordex, CMIP5)
• Experience analysing quantitative and qualitative data and carrying out desk-based and site-based risk assessments
• Experience developing and applying socio-economic frameworks and appraisal techniques to resolve complex problems
• Experience using quantitative analytical techniques (preferably advanced statistical techniques)
• An aptitude for handling and manipulating large amounts of data
• Experience using spatial analysis techniques and GIS software (e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS)
• Have an interest in developing technical skills as part of ongoing career development
• Have proven client facing experience and managing client and/or other partner relationships
• Have experience developing or contributing to successful bids
• Experience leading in one of more of the following areas:
o Environment modelling;
o Disaster risk management;
o Climate change adaptation;
o Infrastructure resilience;
o Decision making.
• Programming experience in R, python, VBA or equivalent
• Experience of developing and prototyping Decision Support Systems and quantitative analysis tools
• Experience of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and planning processes
• Experience in predictive modelling: data extraction, model build and validation
• Experience of applying advanced decision-making techniques (e.g. Robust Decision Making, Real Options)
• Appreciation of emerging machine learning techniques and algorithms development and application
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com