Overview / Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Co-Ordinator with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to be based in Darlington or Aberdeen.
The Environment Co-Ordinator is responsible for supporting the environmental regulatory and voluntary obligations of Wood with focus on the day-to-day co-ordiantion of the carbon reporting requirements. The post holder will also assist in the co-ordination of materials to support the annual Sustainability Report and co-ordinating aspects of the sustainability programme.
The post holder will be part of the HSE Support team and will undertake performance trending and analysis, as well as other adhoc tasks to support the wider group HSE team.
- Provide central support for the groups carbon reporting tool, including all training and day to day operations, as well as the primary focal point for both the 3rd party system provider and the business on carbon collection and reporting.
- Support the collection of carbon data through collaboration with business nominated contacts.
- Collect and upload any centrally sourced data, where a focal point is not in place and ensure timely upload to the carbon system.
- Administer reporting of carbon data required for all legislative and voluntary compliance schemes.
- Support the completion of Wood’s carbon submissions (e.g. CDP, Sustainability Reporting).
- Co-ordinate the community investment programme in collaboration with the group sustainability manager.
- Undertaking trend analysis of environmental incident information.
- Provide reports on the findings identified.
- Collate and manage other environmental performance metrics as required e.g. water consumption.
- Provide additional support to the wider HSE team.
Skills / Qualifications
- Higher level education.
- Administrative qualification (desirable).
- NEBOSH Certificate/Diploma (desirable).
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in an administrative role.
- Level of understanding around carbon legislation desirable but not essential, some degree of knowledge around HSE expected.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Effective/competent MS Office Suite User.
- High level of communication skills in both written and spoken format.
- Demonstrable commitment to Wood & Client’s Core Values.
- Commitment to HSE and in particular environment and our focus to manage the impact of our operations on the environment..
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Trustworthy and approachable.
- Highly developed influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team, with a proactive approach to problem solving.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com