Do you want to make a real difference in driving the sustainability performance of major infrastructure projects, contributing to the transition to a zero carbon and carbon positive future? Atkins is looking to recruit a Senior / Principal Sustainability Consultant with strong experience in sustainable design and management of built assets, in particular transport and utility infrastructure, to join our team of dedicated sustainability and environmental professionals located across the country. You will be working to deliver an exciting range of high profile projects, including large scale energy projects, major water infrastructure schemes, HS2 and other rail schemes, Smart Motorways and Highways Improvement Schemes. Key clients include Network Rail, TfL, Highways England, Environment Agency, water and energy companies.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Our proven track record in delivering complex solutions is made possible by the collective breadth and depth of expertise, experience and resources of our people and businesses around the world.
Based in the Environment division of our UK Infrastructure business, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with our infrastructure and other built asset project teams throughout the project lifecycle, and in particular the design and construction phases of projects.
This is an excellent career development opportunity for a candidate with proven experience, looking to progress their career to the next level through working on high profile infrastructure projects throughout the UK.
• Identification, prioritisation and management of sustainability characteristics, risks and opportunities for projects and operations.
• Development of sustainable design and management approaches, methods and solutions.
• Development of sustainability strategies, design and management plans.
• Work as part of project teams providing pragmatic technical support to influence project development and drive delivery of optimal project sustainability performance.
• Project management and coordination of sustainability inputs on major projects.
• Represent the company and continue to build personal, team and company reputation.
• Support on bid preparation and business development as required.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a sustainability / environment related or engineering discipline and will have achieved, or be working towards, chartered status and / or full or associate membership of a recognised relevant professional body. He / she will possess strong sustainability related expertise, a wide range of skill sets and a willingness to become involved in a broad selection of projects.
The successful applicant will:
• Have an excellent understanding of sustainability, in particular carbon and resource efficiency, in an infrastructure project context.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills and experience working collaboratively with a range of technical specialists at different levels.
• Be highly self-motivated, possessing strong enthusiasm and commitment to delivering sustainable outcomes.
• Be flexible, adaptable and prepared to take on new challenges and work from other Atkins or client office locations.
• Have strong report writing, communication and presentation skills.
• Have experience of UK sustainability and environmental regulations, guidance and standards. Knowledge of international regulatory frameworks, guidance and standards would be an advantage.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions such as IEMA, RTPI, LI, ICE, CIEEM, and CIWEM.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com