In this role you will work closely with project managers and other team members to execute work involving conventional types of civil engineering principals and other related activities for infrastructure projects. Specific duties may include the following:
- Assist with design of water and wastewater pipelines and pumping stations.
- Assist with the preparation of technical memoranda, reports and electronic deliverables
- Assist with studies and alternative analysis
- Check performance or conformity with plans and specifications through field inspection and testing.
- Assist with submittal reviews, requests for information, correspondence, change requests, and change orders for construction projects.
- Conduct field work as necessary for various projects.
- Communicate effectively and coordinate with project teams including other disciplines (drafters, designers, and other engineers).
- Develop understanding of regulatory and permitting requirements for El Paso City and State
- Assist with development of permitting plans and permit applications
- Perform data collection, manipulation, analysis, and documentation
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related engineering field required
- PE preferred
- 4 years experience in the study, design, and construction administration of water and wastewater facilities
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills required
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record may be required
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Project) preferred
- Experience using PDF software (Bluebeam Revu) preferred
- Experience using engineering calculation software (MathCAD, MATLAB) preferred
- Good work ethic essential
- Good written and verbal communication skills essential
- Previous related internship experience a plus but not necessary
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com