Assistant, Events & Sponsorship
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Ceres Events & Sponsorship team is responsible for planning, organizing and executing the annual Ceres Conference (a signature event), the biennial Investors Summit (occurring next in 2020), anniversary year events including the 30th Anniversary Gala in 2019, and other day/half-day events throughout the year. The team also provides support in engaging sponsors for these events through research, internal/external outreach and follow-up, and by tracking all sponsorship on an organization-wide basis. The Events & Sponsorship team engages with all Ceres program teams on these efforts and works closely with the Development, Operations and Communications team.
The Assistant will report to the Director, Events & Sponsorship and help organize the annual Ceres Conference, biennial Summit, the 30th Anniversary Gala, and other events. This full-time Assistant position offers a unique opportunity to become skilled at event planning and project management while being an integral part of the Ceres team.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with events registration and communications activities, including:
- Develop on-line registration and track all registration activity through Cvent and/or Eventbrite, distributing regular reports to Ceres’ staff.
- Coordinate Salesforce integration for online registration for all events.
- Produce and organize all print materials for events.
- Draft and update content of event website on Cvent platform, in coordination with the Communications and Marketing team.
- Support the Communications and Marketing team with event mobile app development and provide content updates using Cvent platform.
- Assist with event program activities, including:
- Collect and track speaker information and follow up with speakers for event.
- Maintain master planning documents.
- Assist Ceres staff with sending thank you letters post-events.
- Assist in the Bavaria Award process, including scheduling and note taking.
- Assist with on-site logistical support for all events.
- At the discretion of the Director, oversee these logistical duties.
- Organize all-staff and other programmatic events as needed.
- Support the Executive team with logistics for the Board of Directors and Presidents Council events, as needed.
- Work with vendors to ensure the services detailed in the contracts are provided within the appointed budget and timelines.
- Build templates for speaker prep, support speaker prep, and develop program flow docs
- Assist the Director and other staff with data management of the sponsorship program.
- Assist with event debrief activities such as compiling survey results, and maintaining notes for future event organization.
- Perform administrative duties such as managing calendars, scheduling meetings, note taking during meetings, filing, photocopying, and tracking, ordering and organizing materials for events.
- Bachelor degree, with one year of prior full-time work experience, preferred, or 4 years of full-time work experience in a professional office environment.
- Interest in environmental or sustainability issues preferred, but not required.
- Willing to work overtime around events schedule.
- Prior experience supporting events is helpful.
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
- Experience with Cvent, Salesforce and Eventbrite, a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to evaluate workload and prioritize projects.
- Can manage multiple tasks as the same time in fast paced environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with supporting a senior level staffer, a plus.
- Work well independently and as a team member.
- Comfortable working with different personalities and people (peers and senior management).
- Comfort in engaging with high-level external stakeholders with professionalism and diplomacy in routine correspondence.
- Team player, sense of humor, and respect for confidentiality.
- Able to look at problems as opportunities.
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
- Desire to work in a mission-driven / nonprofit environment.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.