This position is located in Northeast Regional Office, in the Northeast Coastal and Barrier Network.
The Northeast Coastal and Barrier Network Inventory and Monitoring program is seeking to fill a biological science technician position to assist with data collection and reporting for the Network's long-term monitoring program and act as the assistant data manager and GIS coordinator.
Learn more about this agency
As a Biological Science Technician, you will be responsible for:
- You will act as the assistant data manager for the Northeast Coastal and Barrier Network, which entails managing long-term ecological datasets, providing quality assurance checks and making data discoverable through the NPS Data Portal.
- You will support the Northeast Coastal and Barrier Inventory and Monitoring Network by assisting in the collection of long-term monitoring data such as salt marsh vegetation, shoreline and dune change, elevations, and coastal water quality and water levels during the summer months. You will also be in charge of data collection for the program with the use of survey grade GNSS (GPS) equipment.
- You will train seasonal biological science technicians and interns to collect long-term monitoring data in coastal parks as part of the Northeast Coastal and Barrier Network monitoring program.
- You will assist the data manager with the design and development of databases to manage natural resource data for Northeast Coastal and Barrier Network projects, as well as, develop GIS products as needed for the monitoring program and parks.
- You will use ArcGIS software to create maps, digital elevation models (DEMs), and other mapping products.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com