Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it.” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
As a member of the Waste Connections Engineering team, you will be signing up for a company that is committed to our employee’s long-term career development and success. If you are open to travel, willing to learn new tasks, and take on new challenges, Waste Connections wants you to be part of our team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in growing with the company.
A Day in the Life of a Region Environmental Manager:
- Provide innovative, cost effective solutions to the environmental, safety/health, and compliance issues at landfills, transfer stations, hauling operations and other businesses in the Western Region.
- Collaborate with finance, legal, operations, maintenance, and safety in the development and implementation of environmental programs.
- Manage the timing, quality, and cost of environmental engineering support services such as auditing, planning, inspecting, monitoring, recordkeeping, and training.
- Conduct on-site audits, technical visits, and training.
- Assist local and regional management in the review of design and development plans, cost estimates, and the evaluation of engineering proposals and specifications.
- Compose technical reports and compliance documentation.
- Develop training materials.
- Mentor local leadership and junior technical staff.
- Represent Waste Connections in regulatory interactions, permit negotiations, technical conferences, and other forums focused on the resolution of key issues. Plan and coordinate the work.
- Be available and responsive to Region business locations either independently or as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Must have a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or a related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Must have minimum of ten years of previous experience in a highly regulated industry. Waste services experience is preferred.
- A working knowledge of environmental and safety regulations.
- The willingness and ability to travel to support field operations.
- The willingness and ability to lead environmental, engineering, and multidisciplinary teams.
- Professional Engineer registration preferred.
- Project Management experience.
- Expertise in stormwater and wastewater treatment.
- Superior oral and written skills
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating with peers, regulators, government officials, and the public.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, and 401K retirement.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com