Barrick Nevada is looking for an Environmental Engineer – Air Quality, to join the Goldstrike Environmental team. The Environmental Engineer will ensure that all compliance and permitting obligations associated with the Title V air permit (and other air quality operating permits) are addressed.
- This position will require frequent communication with regulators, site personnel, Corporate Resources, and other interested stakeholders
- Oversee the maintenance of existing air compliance systems, and the development of new systems to ensure compliance at all times
- Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to handle a heavy and complex workload
- Assist operating division personnel in achieving their objectives
- Assist with training of Barrick employees, contractors, and others
- Oversee inspections of Goldstrike operations to ensure permit compliance including accompanying regulatory inspectors on periodic inspections of work areas on and off the mine site.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Mining Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field required
- Familiarity with the Clean Air Act and associated regulations required
- Experience in air permit compliance, including regulatory agency interactions preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills required
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously required
- Familiarity with compliance systems and ISO 14001 preferred
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com