This role will have the opportunity to participate on project delivery teams in executing innovative planning, evaluation, design, permit and construction support services for variety of advanced treatment plants, pumping stations, pipeline, and integrated water resources project for municipal clients. We are looking for a Civil/Mechanical/Environmental Engineer with an EI license (preferred). This office is fast-growing and will provide for excellent career path opportunities.
- Perform engineering work with the water/wastewater/reclaimed water/stormwater municipal engineering group
- Work on engineering projects preparing construction drawings, specifications, calculations, equipment/material selection, and cost estimates for civil and environmental projects
- Assist with the preparation of technical memoranda, reports and other client deliverables
- Assist with studies and alternative analysis
- Assist with hydraulic modeling for stormwater, potable water, reclaimed water, and wastewater.
- Develop understanding of regulatory and permitting requirements for the greater Tampa Bay area and State of Florida
- Assist with development of permit applications and supporting documents
- Duties may also include field activities such as site investigations, construction observation, and field sampling
- Data collection, cataloging, review, analysis, and documentation
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. degree Civil/ Environmental Engineering required; M.S. degree preferred
- Experience and/or coursework in water resources, water/wastewater treatment and hydraulics required
- EI license strongly preferred
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record may be required
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Power Point) preferred
- Experience using engineering calculation software (MathCAD, MATLAB) preferred
- Experience using hydraulic modeling software preferred
- Experience using GIS preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential
- Previous related internship experience a plus but not necessary
For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com