The Brown and Caldwell Atlanta office has a job opportunity for a self-motivated Geologist or Hydrogeologist with 0-2 years of experience to join our local Geo Services Group within our Private Sector Enterprise. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a growth-oriented professional consulting office with a diverse technical staff of geologists, engineers, and scientists. The selected candidate will work with and be mentored by strong, nationally recognized, senior staff working on a variety of environmental related projects.
- Position involves a high percentage of field work and some office responsibilities
- Perform field data collection and documentation related to site investigations; observation of drilling operations; installation of monitoring and groundwater recovery wells or soil borings, installation of vapor probes; collection and field classification or soil and rock samples and conducting various field tests
- Other fieldwork may include groundwater and soil sampling, water-level measurements, aquifer testing, soil vapor sampling, borehole geophysical testing and other tasks as assigned
- Under the supervision of senior staff, perform technical evaluations to support planning, design, and permitting related to water supply, aquifer recharge, storm water, and environmental restoration
- Assist with the preparation and interpretation of boring logs, hydraulic conductivity calculations and data entry of various field and analytical data
- Provide data interpretation, including preparation of data maps, contour maps and cross-sections
- Preparation of technical memoranda and report sections
- Coordinate field efforts; adhere to and assist with the development of work plans and health and safety plans
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in Geology or Hydrogeology required, M.S. a plus
- 0-2 years of professional experience
- Detailed understanding of geologic principles and general awareness of groundwater flow and environmental concepts
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, results-oriented, reliable, and able to work well with a wide variety of coworkers and subcontractors
- Must be willing to work in the field year-round with overnight stay outside the Atlanta area
- Field assignments require ability to perform physically demanding work
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification a plus
- Candidates should have a strong desire and be motivated to obtain a Geologist-in-Training certification then Registered Professional Geologist licensure in the state of Georgia within 3-5 years
- Excellent technical writing capabilities required
- Must be proficient in using standard computer programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); experience with MS Project, MS Access, CADD, ArcGIS, and/or boring log software (such as gINT) a plus
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
- Ability to work for short periods of time in extreme temperatures including heat and cold
- Ability to wear required safety equipment at sites including hard hats, steel toed boots (or other approved toe protection), safety glasses, etc.
For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Yes. up to 50% local and national
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com