Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinate and guide project design decisions to ensure quality by reviewing drawings, project submittals, and other related documents for accuracy and compliance with local regulation, permits, and/or global EHS policies and standards. Provide technical guidance and act as a liaison between EHS and Technical Services, Operations, Legal, Finance, Universal Creative, Planned Work, etc. Provide direct EHS contributions to new and re-commissioning projects.
- Conduct reviews of all project design documents to provide guidance on general safety, environmental, industrial hygiene, and occupational health for new and re-commissioning projects for corporate or regulatory compliance. Review the existing facility status to evaluate potential issues to be addressed by the design documents. Coordinate and compile a list of comments from EHS SME’s for communication with project management teams.
- Act as EHS project liaison to facilitate and maintain effective communication mechanisms between project management teams, operational business lines, architects, engineers, designers, and other interested parties, etc. throughout all project phases. Participate in design progress review meetings, as needed.
- Monitor construction in the field including identifying and resolving discrepancies between construction, drawings, and/or design intent. Develop, manage, and communicate Facility EHS punch list, incorporating regulatory and corporate compliance items for correction/completion prior to project turnover.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Responsible for facilitating a team oriented atmosphere for reviewing proposed construction (new facility development, rehabilitation of existing, demolition, etc.) and contractor labor that ensures success and positive interactions.
- Facilitate team ownership of projects producing project excellence through effective collaboration.
- Review of new rides, equipment, SDS, or plans for compliance to standards and regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date active comment database
- Responsible for communication and partnerships with various departments to ensure success of projects involving UPR, Contractor Labor or EHS Technical compliance.
- Responds and coordinates resources in a timely manner to clients regarding high risk, construction, and technical concerns and requests for service and to ensure client expectations are met or exceeded.
- Audit installed work to confirm that the new work is up to EHS standards, codes, and requirements.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in safety, environmental, construction or engineering field.
- 3 – 5 years in industrial and/or construction consulting role; or equivalent combination and experience.
- Experience with plans review and regulatory interpretations
- Preferred Theme Park experience
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must have or be able to obtain OSHA 10 within first year of employment.
- Read and determine the applications for both US and International regulations and consensus standards.
- Familiarity with ANSI/ASSE/NFPA/OSHA Management standards and UO Safety Management Systems.
- Strong analytical skills necessary to resolve and interpret problems associated with high level risk assessments.
- Understanding of basic operational concepts related to High Risk Operation Risk assessments, Contractor Management and Operational Safety.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business leaders, non-technical staff and members of interdisciplinary staff.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to compose spreadsheets, written briefings for distribution to all levels.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of Bluebeam and naviswork is preferred
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks and ensure compliance with each.
- Works well with others and is a self-starter
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job requires active coordination with multiple departments/clients across property. Must be able to analyze and assess labor and equipment required to complete scheduled project work, and initiate a plan to successfully execute in compliance.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com