This position is located in Region 1, Office of Environmental Stewardship, Air Technical Unit, Boston, MA. For more information on this office, visit their website: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/epa-region-1-new-England
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Participate in enforcement activities as directed by senior enforcement officer or supervisor;
- Provide technical assistance on analytical methods, sampling techniques, etc;
- Assist senior enforcement officers in the development of technical, scientific or engineering information for the development, negotiation and litigation of both civil and criminal enforcement matters;
- Assist senior enforcement officers to provide regulatory compliance assistance to facilities during inspections, investigations, and compliance assistance visits;
- Provide assistance to engineers and scientists within the immediate organization by researching technical aspects of EPA laws and regulations.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com