A candidate for a temporary position who has not yet graduated and is working towards a relevant Bachelor's, Specialist's, Technical, Master's or PhD degree from a relevant academic institute. A Student employee can do specific work in the area of their future degree or work as a Generalist in a specific department. The Studentship is limited in time with the intent to hire into a College Graduate/ Technical Graduate position as appropriate.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Field inspections for compliance assurance (internal auditing, environmental compliance, safety reviews, Decontamination, Equipment sign off, waste water treatment plant operation)
- Administration of compliance tasks documented in the web based application (ENABLON).
- Coordination of exposure & risk assessments (noise, light, heat, ventilation, particles, chemical use, waste characterization, environmental emissions, etc)
- Submittals of compliance documentation (EHS technical docs, permits' submittals, certifications, external reports, etc).
- EHS Document control and records management.
- EHS indicators data collection & tracking.
- EHS training review, translation & delivery
1. Technical Skills
a. Advanced studies in environmental or chemical engineering (student on last years). Having any other formal studies or experience in industrial safety will be a plus.
b. Bilingual (English - 100% read/write, 75% speak)
2. Soft Skills
a. Change Agent (action oriented, proactive, innovation)
b. Self-paced (requires little supervision to execute, ownership & accountability).
c. Attention to detail
d. Assertive communication (timely, open & direct, escalate as needed)
e. Service minded
f. Collaboration & strong team work
3. Availability: 40 hr per week (4 working days). Flexible work schedule will be available.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com