About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants has a need for a Water Resources Specialist to support the water resources program in the Salt Lake City office. This position would be full-time non-exempt regular status.
SWCA’s Salt Lake City Office offers a diverse team of talented professionals that work together to provide sound science and creative solutions. This position may require travel to project sites within the mountain west and coordination with other SWCA offices in the region.
What you will accomplish
In the Water Resources Specialist role, you will be responsible for
- Field investigations of surface water and groundwater quality and quantity, review and analysis of field data, development of technical documents and reports, and coordination with SWCA and client project managers.
- Project work may be related to the Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, National Environmental Policy Act, and other resource planning/permitting and/or natural resource disciplines.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Minimum of a master’s degree in Water Resources, Environmental Science, Geology, or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years providing technical services related to water resources projects
- Knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations and guidance
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
- Strong writing skills to author survey reports, data summaries, and permit applications.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com