GCF GRANTS MANAGER, CI-GCF PROJECT AGENCY
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The GCF Grants Manager will support the Director of Grants Management in managing the grant-making function of the CI-Green Climate Fund (GCF) Project Agency with a current portfolio of 1 project, totaling USD $18.5 million and several others in the pipeline. S/he supports the development of financial multi-year complex grant and non-grant proposals for GCF (up to $250 million) at both concept and full proposal stages. The Grants Manager also supports the cash management of the portfolio, to the GCF Trustee.
She/he will provide finance and operational guidance to a portfolio of grantees and will do the first round of reviews for project reports, budgets and procurement plans and update the quarterly tracker, with increasing responsibility overtime. The Manager will support the Director in reporting with monthly reconciliations of all GCF funding, and in maintaining up-to-date project information in SharePoint. The Manager will register all grants in Business World and Conservation Grants and provide support to Financial Site Visits. The Manager is a member of the CI-GCF Project Agency and will report to the Director of Grants Management.
Grant-Making Management Support:
- Review all financial reports, provide first round of comments to the Director of Grants. Management and update quarterly report tracker for projects under the Project Preparation Facility (PPF) Stage and for Full Proposal Stage.
- Provide support to grantees in developing multi-year budgets.
- Review Yearly Project Budgets and Procurement Plans.
- Conduct Capacity Assessment of Grantees and coordinate Financial Due Diligence with the Grants and Contracts Unit (GCU).
- Draft grant agreements, amendments and support in the closing out process of grants.
- Provide support and lead Financial Site Visits to grantees internationally.
- Manage the registration and maintain all grant related entries into CI’s Enterprise Software Application, Business World and Conservation Grants, including project creation, vendor creation, contract creation and, filing of quarterly reports and quarterly cash transfer requests.
- Maintain all grant files and records on the CI-GCF Agency’s SharePoint site as needed.
- Lead kick-off meetings to go over the grant agreement, CI-GCF expectations, procurement policies, and financial templates with grantees.
- Support in the creation and revision of CI-GCF grant-making policies/procedures/templates.
- Support with any grantee training/ on-boarding.
- Participate and support the Director in meetings with other divisions to assure coordination in best practices for Grants Management.
Risk Management and Compliance:
- Support the Director in assuring grantees meet the compliance requirements of the GCF.
- Support the Director in assuring that all CI-GCF policies and procedures are in line with the overall policy of the GCF and the Accreditation Master Agreement-AMA.
Portfolio Tracking and Reporting:
- Ensure timely and accurate information entry into CI-GCF Project Agency tracker.
- Support the Director in updating Annual Fundraising Projections.
- Update Monthly Reconciliations to assure accuracy of reports to the Trustee.
- Prepare the Financial Reporting to the Trustee.
- Support GCF Secretariat Project reporting.
- Support in monitoring the GCF Agency Fees.
- Assist in the procurement process of the Agency especially in obtaining quotations, documenting the procurement process, filing of documents, vendor creation and payment initiation in Business World for GCF project-related procurement.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Based in Arlington, Virginia. Normal office conditions.
- Travel expected up to 20% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in providing grant-management support.
- 4+ years of relevant and transferable experience.
- Strong organization skills. Ability to prioritize and manage high volume and varied tasks and meet deadlines.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work proactively and independently.
- Service focus. Courteous, tactful, and proven ability to work effectively with others from a variety of disciplines, cultures and backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office package and web researching skills.
- Spanish or French Fluency.
- GCF Knowledge.
- Affinity with environmental and conservation issues.
- Experience in monitoring and managing grantees, donor reporting experience with Multilaterals and Bilaterals.
- Knowledge of Conservation International’s IT system (Business World (PMF and CMF), Concur).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized and motivated.
- At times, position will require discretion and sensitivity in managing confidential information.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com