Our Packaging Sustainability Analyst will report to the Director of Global Packaging Operations and serve as packaging sustainability Subject Mater Expert in newly created Packaging Operations team.
Under the guidance of the Director, this role will be responsible for supporting development and optimization for wide variety of consumer packaging across all Nike products, in addition to transport and retail packaging.
The ideal candidate will be able to prioritize issues and track the details, and also be in touch with big-picture issues. We are looking for an energetic self starter who is ready to work with the highly skilled and diverse teams in Product Development & Engineering, Brand/Marketing, Market Operations, Supply Chain, Sourcing & Manufacturing, & Procurement, to identify and capitalize on packaging sustainability opportunities
The Packaging Sustainability Analyst is responsible for managing and communicating sustainability strategies and objectives, supporting cross-functional project definitions, milestones, schedules, and status to the packaging team and network colleagues.
This person will interface with suppliers, and should have an appropriate understanding of packaging development and manufacturing processes - from packaging design to reliability testing, as well as various types of packaging material sourcing, with keen eye to sustainability considerations.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to change. Candidates must be eager to grow with this startup department. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are valuable.
• BA/BS degree in Packaging Engineering, related Engineering, Science or business field, with equivalent practical experience.
• 2 years experience in product or packaging development, with globally branded or high profile organization
• 1 year experience monitoring environmental, waste management or packaging regulations with globally branded or high profile organization
• 1 year monitoring packaging compliance activities across complex matrix on corporate, regional and functional basis, ensuring broad-based support for plans and intended results
• Cross cultural business experience preferred
• Working knowledge of global packaging, packaging design and/or environmental issues
• Proven ability to negotiate, influence and collaborate with other key managers and analysts in a complex matrix environment
• Strong written, verbal & visual communications skills
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com