Global EHS Program Manager
Nike is committed to creating a safe and compliant work environment for our employees, partners and communities. The EHS Global Program Manager is instrumental in developing the structure and tools for a global EHS management system, serving as the chief strategist and architect in tool development. This role works in close collaboration with the Global Director of Environmental Health & Safety to design and implement systems and processes to create the elements necessary to build a sustainable world class EHS program. The successful candidate will be both an effective influencer, engaging stakeholders from different businesses and geographies and a high performer, capable of working autonomously on complex projects.
- The primary responsibility is to develop and manage tools and platforms for comprehensive global EHS program management, including injury, compliance and audit reporting and management. This includes every aspect of tool development, from identification of requirements through successful field implementation.
- Develop and manage Nike’s global EHS metrics, starting with comprehensive injury collection and reporting and developing additional metrics as the tools and maturity of the program advance. This includes data collection, development of dashboards and analytics as needed by the different functions.
- Own and present EHS data as needed to meet internal and external reporting requirements (including CR report, sustainability questionnaires, industry benchmarking and government required reports), preparing report text and explanation of the program, as necessary
- Provide programmatic support for EHS Audit reset, including assessment of current audit tool
- Develop and maintain EHS webpage, ensuring global policies, programs and standards are easily found and up to date and local programs are appropriately linked and available.
- Facilitate and provide oversight to EHS Steering Committee, EHS Leadership Committees, Standards Governance and working committees to ensure all committees continue to drive continuous improvement in EHS and deliver to their commitments.
- Provides support for EHS budget, strategic plan, vendor contracts and invoicing.
- 6+ years practical experience with EHS programs and systems, including field experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and successfully introduce management system SaaS tools, work with data (experience with Tableau a plus), build a website in WordPress or similar tool.
- Knowledge of OSHA and relevant environmental regulations.
- Proficiency in conducting root cause investigations and in training others’ in critical thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a business case in support of EHS investment
- Demonstrated ability to develop programs and/or management systems.
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities to both work collaboratively and to influence those with whom no formal hierarchical relationship exists
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills, equally able to write standards, FAQs and response to citations.
- Excellent problem solving techniques and quantitative, analytical skills• Strong decision making and problem solving skills, attentive to details, work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to organize and manage a complex workload and projects in a fast paced, matrixed organization• Adept command of Microsoft Office products, demonstrated ability to quickly and confidently learn new technologies and develop user training materials. Able to create and lock templates
- Self-starter who also values team work
- Proactive, common sense approach to getting ahead of issues and addressing them accordingly
- A good listener and thoughtful communicator – straightforward, honest, and direct
- Sense of humor
• Bachelor’s degree in EHS, business/project management or a related field required
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com