Supervise and direct environmental activities in support Intalco Aluminum LLC. Provide technical support, coaching, counseling, mentoring and leadership in a diverse array of environmental accountabilities.
Provide support to facility personnel to ensure the requirements associated with meeting all Local, State and Federal environmental regulations are known and understood. Assist facility personnel with questions concerning the proper operation and maintenance of equipment and systems on site.
Set EHS expectations, act as an EHS role model, audit EHS performance and influence policy and practices to exceed departmental goals. Help ensure environmental compliance through adherence to Alcoa environmental policies and procedures and Env management systems. Promote and appreciate the contributions of a diverse work force. Encourage innovation through the use of Aloca Business System principles and help promote compliance with Company policies and procedures, while adhering to the parameters of the union contract.
1. Monitor, review, analyze, and determine whether new equipment, processes, and/or personnel are required to meet facility, Local, State and/or Federal emission and discharge regulations and laws.
2. Ensure facility is sustaining compliance with all Local, State, Federal, and Alcoa requirements. This includes assisting in interpreting compliance with waste, water and air pollution control regulations imposed on the facility.
3. Maintain technical familiarity with the latest and most efficient emission control equipment and processes to help ensure continued plant operation within applicable financial and regulatory controls.
4. Maintain and foster positive employee relations and communications both within the Environmental, Laboratory and other plant departments.
5. Monitor and improve processes, procedures, and equipment to reduce environmental impacts, promote sustainability, and support the facility in achieving its goal of zero EHS incidents.
This position requires in-depth knowledge of aluminum plant processes, environmental regulations and law, and environmental control systems. This specialized and technical knowledge is required to help the facility in managing systems to effectively maintain and operate the plant according to environmental regulations and law. This position requires highly developed human relations skills to effectively manage, direct and motivate subordinate personnel to achieve department objectives and goals.
Incumbents in this position typically have a Bachelors degree in engineering or environmental science or equivalent. Maintain a variety of required environmental and laboratory certifications required to work in the environmental discipline, including specific knowledge for working with hazardous materials and waste.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com