Associates are responsible for conducting research and analysis, writing, logistics planning and other support on BSR advisory services for the benefit of BSR members, funders or other clients. This will include participating in business consulting and training work as required.
- Support project managers in implementing projects with member and other companies, particularly through research, writing and consulting on a range of sustainability issue areas.
- Support BSR teams in research, knowledge management, tool creation and PowerPoint development to enable improved project execution and effective business development
- Conduct primary and secondary research and analysis on sustainability leadership practices, and emerging issues and trends in a range of industry sectors utilizing a wide range of sources, including web searches, interviews and other methodologies.
- Support senior colleagues in the development of work plans, schedules and budgets for the delivery of projects.
- Contribute to the content and design of working group meetings, training and workshops, and ensure the accuracy of all materials.
- This position may include a focus on sustainability futures, conducting research and supporting projects that identify new business models, tools and methodologies, and also emerging voices reshaping approaches to sustainable business.
- Provide assistance on special projects and assignments as requested to help BSR accomplish its mission and goals.
NOTE: Only candidates with these specific requirements will be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience), or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years experience.
- Knowledge of strategy development, innovation, trend-spotting and/or scenario planning, and ability to identify new voices and approaches to shape future-oriented approaches to sustainable business.
- Experience in one or more of BSR’s core industries in San Francisco is a plus.
- Exceptional research, writing and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to meet stringent deadlines, communicate progress on projects or event planning, and work with managers to coordinate multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, for working with both internal and external clients.
- High degree of fluency in English, with fluency in Spanish or French a plus.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
- Willingness to undertake business travel.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect and integrity, and a commitment to BSR’s mission.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
As part of our dedication to diversity, BSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at BSR are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com