We're hiring a Senior Oceans Campaigner to join the Oceans team. The Campaigner will report to the Oceans Director and play a vital role in shaping and implementing our work to establish sanctuaries, advocate for more sustainable and just fisheries, and defend our oceans from plastic pollution and other threats.
- In conjunction with the Oceans Campaign Director, develop and implement plans in line with short term and long term campaign goals based on national and international objectives
- Participate in strategic planning discussions and assist in the implementation of strategies and tactics developed to achieve GPUS' marine conservation objectives.
- Coordinate information flow within the campaign team and between the campaign and other departments.
- Organize and oversee the work of junior campaign staff and interns.
- Maintain a working knowledge of technical information and be able to present the information to a variety of audiences in language they can understand.
- Maintain a working knowledge of political, legislative, regulatory and economic frameworks relevant to the campaign.
- Build alliances and/or support relationships with key constituencies, such as grassroots organizations, professional groups, labor, and others as identified in strategic planning.
- Work with GPUS Communications staff in developing public materials; writing press releases and planning media strategies; acting as a spokesperson for campaigns to the media and developing proactive relationships with the media.
- Represent Greenpeace and the campaign at public events and with the environmental community at large.
- Work with GPUS Online team to design and curate content for social media and develop digital campaign actions that engage our members and supporters across the country.
- Manage a sub-component of a campaign or project independently, but with guidance from the Oceans Campaign Director, to include managing all interactions with GPI and all NROs within the context of the particular project.
- Take on the role of Project Team Leader when requested by the Oceans Campaign Director.
- Support GPUS Fundraising staff in pursuing funding for campaign efforts.
- Direct, organize and participate in nonviolent direct action events to support campaign goals.
- Perform other job related duties as requested or assigned by the Oceans Campaign Director.
Minimum requirements include:
- A BA/BS Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years environmental campaign experience; fisheries and ocean campaign experience preferred.
Additional qualifications for this role include, but are not limited to:
If you want to save the world from climate change and believe in environmental justice, please submit an application on our careers page. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will conclude once we have found the best candidate.
Greenpeace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion or other protected classes. We strongly encourage applications from marginalized communities. If you require assistance applying to this opportunity, please contact us.
Only applicants eligible to work and live in the United States without any legal restrictions need apply for this opportunity.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com