Seeking a Senior Remediation Project Manager to join our national client as a direct employee. The firm is ranked on FORTUNE's List of 100 Best Companies to Work For and voted as a Best Place to Work in numerous other cities in the United States.
The Senior Remediation Project Manager will lead project teams serving a portfolio of well-established clients and projects in the utility market and other industries. Leadership responsibilities will include project management, technical leadership, and client relationship development and maintenance.
The successful candidate should possess a diverse investigation and remediation technical background, project/program management skills, and significant remediation investigation, consulting, and execution experience. Experience in the investigation and remediation of former manufactured gas plant (MGP) sites and/or coal combustion residuals (CCR) sites is a plus. Existing client relationships, particularly within the utility industry, are a plus. Travel is required and professional registration is preferred.
* Responsible for preparing scopes of work, cost estimates and proposals and may develop and evaluate plans for major projects.
* Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members and coordinate departmental or divisional project studies, reports or project design assignments.
* Some marketing responsibilities will be required and regular meeting and correspondence with clients, subcontractors or outside personnel will be required.
* Lead preparation of work plans, investigation reports, feasibility studies, remedial design and implementation for CERCLA, RCRA, and other state lead programs.
* Manage technical aspects of investigation and remediation projects and serve as a subject matter expert and technical support resource for projects within the national Remediation Technical Practice Area.
* Manage individual projects and supervise and coordinate multidisciplinary project teams. Projects will range from multi-million dollar remediation programs to smaller projects (i.e. < $100k) investigation and remediation sites.
* Participate in business planning and business development efforts to support the growth of the St. Louis environmental practice.
* Effectively balance billable and non-billable time.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, geology, environmental sciences or related field from an accredited curriculum is preferred.
* Minimum of 8 years of related experience investigating and remediating environmental sites; experience with MGP and/or CCR sites is preferred. Project management experience is preferred.
* Strong understanding and current knowledge of applicable remediation technologies and techniques.
* Report, design, and bid package preparation experience.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to manage technical projects and lead remediation design efforts.
* Ability to work within a team framework.
* Self-motivation and the ability to multi-task (write reports, analyze data, perform design tasks, etc.) are also a prerequisite.
* Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of project-related matters
Name: Destiny Minor
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com