CT, Manchester, CT, Sandy Hook, NJ, Fair Lawn, NJ, Newark, NY, Long Island City, NY, New York, NY, White Plains
Arcadis’ Environmental Business Line is seeking an experienced Wetland Scientist to assist our growing Environmental Planning and Permitting team in lower New York State, upper New Jersey and Connecticut.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our local team with support from one of the best-qualified consulting firms in the country. The candidate must be a team-oriented individual with excellent field skills as it relates to soils and wetland science, as well as written and verbal communication skills to support client communications and regulatory permitting. The successful candidate must be capable of managing multiple activities related to environmental compliance and natural resources. The candidate will work closely with a team of scientists, engineers, and planners, supporting a wide range of clients throughout the region.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Wetland delineations and associated regulatory permitting
- Ecological field assessments and data collection
- Environmental permitting and compliance
- Compliance monitoring and adaptive management
- Construction oversight
The successful candidate will be:
- Comfortable communicating with clients as to scopes of work, technical field requirements, and regulatory processes.
- Comfortable working independently to solve problems and execute tasks.
- Candidate must also be comfortable leading and/or working with other team members in both the field and remote locations.
- Comfortable working in remote field locations. Will be open to travel for field work throughout the year.
- Proficient using hand-held Trimble GPS.
- Proficient in MS Office software.
- Proficient in data management and analyses.
- Proficient in ESRI GIS software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science (e.g. soil science, ecology, wetlands, water management
- Minimum of 2 years professional related experience
- Wetland delineation experience working in United States
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Master of Science degree (e.g. soil science, ecology, wetlands, water management)
- Certified Professional Wetland Scientist, Certified Professional Soil Scientist (Soil Science Society of America) or Professional Member of Society of Soil Scientists of Southern New England
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certified.
- Greater than or equal to 4 years professional related experience
- Wetland delineation experience working in northeastern United States
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com