Locations: Sheffield, United Kingdom | Lelystad, United Kingdom | Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, United Kingdom | Deeside, United Kingdom | Liverpool, United Kingdom | Witney, United Kingdom | Bologna, United Kingdom | Orbassano Turin, United Kingdom | Bolton, United Kingdom
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
We are looking for an Environmental Project Manager for Europe, Middle East, Africa, India region to be based in one of our locations in the UK, Italy or The Netherlands.
The position is accountable to provide guidance and other assistance to Corporate staff, Divisional staff and customers in the areas of air, water and soil protection; solid and hazardous waste management; sustainability; to help ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulation; and to protect human health, the environment, and communities around Sherwin-Williams sites. This position is responsible for the management of projects of Corporate and Divisional concern.
Environmental Protection & Compliance
- Position is a resource on existing environmental laws and regulations, and responsible to develop assessments on the impact of pending or newly enacted environmental legislation and regulations on the Corporation, in order to provide guidance to affected operations on how to comply.
- Support specifically assigned manufacturing sites, blending facilities, stores, distribution facilities, and research laboratories to ensure environmental compliance to avoid penalties (up to $25,000 per day, per violation).
- Assist sites in preparing permit applications for various environmental requirements (e.g., air and wastewater).
- Collect and maintain various environmental database(s) information to assist with environmental compliance at various facilities.
- Follow-up on environmental government inspections and audit findings to insure issues are corrected or addressed in a timely manner.
- Provide appropriate guidance and support in response to environmental emergencies and outside customer inquiries.
- Maintain/manage Department electronic databases, programs, and hard copies of project files as required.
- Coordinate short-term projects (e.g., emergency response, EHS management system implementations, etc.) under close management supervision.
- Coordinate internal environmental projects and assist peers with their external contractor projects, as required. This position may coordinate one or more projects with budgets of <$1,000,000 or be a resource on larger projects. Proper management can save the Company significant expense.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of key Corporate environmental programs such as air emissions, waste tracking, hazardous waste management, spill control, facility auditing and sustainability.
- Develop written guidance to effectively communicate with Corporate Management, Divisions, and Facilities about corporate programs.
Environmental Guidance & Training
- Perform environmental audits at Company manufacturing sites, distribution facilities, blending facilities, store locations, and off-site waste management vendor facilities utilized by the Company.
- Assist in developing or improving training on various environmental topics (e.g., hazardous waste, new regulations, etc.) and conduct such training at Company locations.
- Review pending and existing laws and regulations concerned with air quality, water quality and waste management.
- Develop written guidance to effectively communicate with Corporate Management, Divisions and Customers regarding pending and existing regulations. Provide support to all parties as needed.
Must be eligible to work in the country for which you are applying for employment (UK, Italy or The Netherlands). Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams are unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited four year college or university in science or engineering or equivalent education or experience required
- Masters of Science in Engineering or EHS related degree preferred
- Significant number of years of general environmental experience
- Prior experience in the paint or chemical industry (coatings industry experience is preferred)
- Previous Project Management experience
- Experience in health and safety will be advantageous
- Must be able to speak English (ability to communicate in other EMEAI languages is a plus)
- Knowledge of EU regulation in the area of environmental, health and safety
- Public speaking skills
- Ability to use common software tools
- Willingness to travel throughout the EMEAI region (50% and more)
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com