The position is accountable to provide guidance and other assistance to Corporate staff, Divisional staff and customers in the areas of air, water, solid and hazardous waste management and sustainability to help ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulation and to protect human health, the environment, and communities around Sherwin-Williams sites. This position is responsible for the management of projects of Corporate and Divisional concern in the areas of air, water, solid & hazardous waste and sustainability.
- Environmental Protection & Compliance
- Position is a resource on existing environmental laws and regulations, and responsible to develop assessments on the impact of pending or newly enacted environmental legislation and regulations on the Corporation and provide guidance to affected operations on how to comply.
- Ensure environmental compliance to avoid fines that can be $25,000 per day, per violation and to specifically assigned manufacturing sites, blending facilities, stores, distribution facilities, and research laboratories.
- Assist sites in preparing permit applications for various environmental requirements (e.g., air and wastewater).
- Collect and maintain various environmental database(s) information to assist with environmental compliance at various facilities.
- Follow-up on environmental government inspections and audit findings to insure issues are corrected or addresses in a timely manner.
- Provide appropriate guidance in response to environmental emergencies and outside customer inquiries.
- Project Management
- Maintain/manage Department electronic databases, programs, and hard copies of project files as required.
- Coordinate short-term projects (e.g., emergency response, EHS management system implementations, etc.) under close management supervision.
- Coordinate internal environmental projects and assist peers with their external contractor projects, as required. This position may coordinate one or more projects with budgets of less than $250,000. Proper management can save the Company tens to thousands of dollars.
- Environmental Guidance & Training
- Perform environmental audits at S-W manufacturing sites, distribution facilities, blending facilities, store locations, and off-site waste management facilities utilized by the Company.
- Assist in developing or improving training on various environmental topics (e.g., hazardous waste, new regulations, etc.) and conduct such training at Company locations.
- Review pending and existing laws and regulations concerned with air quality, water quality, and waste management.
- Develop written guidance to effectively communicate with Corporate Management, Divisions, and Customers regarding pending and existing regulations. Provide support to all parties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in an Environmental-related science or Engineering
- Master’s degree in an Environmental-related science or Engineering
- 5 years of general environmental experience with knowledge of environmental reporting, air permitting, hazardous waste regulations and right to know reporting
- 3-5 years of experience in the paint or chemical industry
- Use and knowledge of Microsoft Office and mainframe systems such as HEARS
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com