ABOUT THE JOB
To directly support a Distribution Centre (DC/CDC) in implementing and maintaining the Sustainability and IGR work as it pertains to the IKEA Sustainability Strategy. To ensure our DC/CDC’s comply with local environmental laws and regulations and challenge the organisation so we stay focused and not compromise long term goals for short term gains.
• To support the core business to develop the DC/CDC, Transport operations in a sustainable way.
• Co-ordinate, implement and develop the Sustainability related work within the DC/CDC, Transport.
• Create and implement Sustainability local action plans and goals based on the IKEA Sustainability Strategy, DS Area Business plan and the Local DC/CDC, Transport BPL.
• Report and follow up Sustainability results and key figures.
• Ensure the DC/CDC and Transport are in compliance with IKEA’s minimum social, working and environmental demands as outlined in IWAY.
• Secure environmental legal compliance of the DC/CDC.
• Partner with DC/CDC Manager, facilities and or property to meet our goals in IGR and Energy Efficiency.
• Support and develop common working methods in DS Global S&E matrix group and the Regional S&E network.
• Secure the DC/CDC complies with the S&E BR block.
• Support Transport with IWAY spot-checks on carriers where needed..
• Internal: 1-2 years working experience in an active environmental program/project relating to facilities.
• External: 2-3 years of Environmental compliance work experience.
• In-depth knowledge of relevant Social & Environmental legislations and regulations
• Basic knowledge of DC operations.
• Good understandings of the IKEA Supply Chain and its related Sustainability aspects.
• Fluent in English and local language(s), both written and spoken.
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com