Advises leadership on sustainability strategy and industry trends and innovations. Assists in network-wide energy strategy focusing on renewable and alternative energy sources, resiliency, energy efficiency and providing recommendation for energy procurement strategies to reduce operating costs by following a portfolio approach for the network.
• Monitor, compare and analyze energy consumption at company-owned and leased facilities and develop strategies and recommendations to conserve energy and reduce costs.
• Collaborate with FedEx Services – Sourcing Department and Finance Department to evaluate energy strategy (renewables, alternative, efficiency and sourcing) to follow a portfolio approach and propose solutions.
• Recommend energy-saving improvements to specifications for new facilities based on data and results from projects completed at existing facilities.
• Provides technical expertise, marketplace knowledge and recommendations to Manager of Sustainability, Managing Director, and Officer to support sustainability development and implementation.
• Analyzes market to evaluate industry trends and explore emerging solutions to ensure cost efficiencies and introduce renewable or alternative fuel options, such as bio diesel, compressed natural gas, liquefied natural gas, propane, hydrogen and electric
• Identifies and establishes vendor and distributor relationships to continuously enhance opportunities for renewable and alternative resource agreements.
• Explores innovation in technologies for energy procurement using renewable and alternative energy.
• Identifies opportunities to improve energy efficiencies in existing facilities and relocations and expansions.
• Maintains technical expertise through continuous learning and participation in industry-related training and seminars.
• Stays abreast of State and Federal regulatory landscape to evaluate strategy and provide recommendation regarding alternative fuels and renewable energy.
• Establishes and maintains State and Federal agency contacts in order to advise management in technical aspects of rule makings.
• Establishes and maintains cross-functional relationships including cross-opco collaboration in support of Sustainability initiatives enterprise wide.
• Provides practical application in governmental affairs areas related to Department of Energy (DOE); interfaces with governmental officials and regulators to enhance and interpret industry trends.
• Evaluates environmental impact of renewable and alternative energy on overall sustainability initiatives.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Sustainability, Environmental Engineering or related field required.
• Seven (7) years’ experience required in Sustainability or related area.
• Comprehensive knowledge of sustainability and applicable State and Federal regulations with the ability to recognize trends and opportunities to apply to the company’s advantage
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information and interact with all levels of management
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions
• Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport with individuals at all levels, including outside of the company
• Software proficiency, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com